The Smart Water Research Centre is a strategic partnership that builds, shares and applies new knowledge to improve water cycle management. Our Education and Training Program is being further developed, building on our original Activated Sludge Course which has been running for over 10 years, and is University accredited. We are now working towards delivering a suite of short courses that will eventually fulfil identified training gaps in the water industry and additional certification requirements.
Brisbane, 20 – 22 May 2013
Registrations now open – early bird rate closes 8 April 2013
This three-day course is designed to inform educators, communicators and community consultants about water science including how to present it to lay people in a way that captures their attention and is easily understood. It will help those with a responsibility to interact with and guide the community, at all levels, to provide information simple enough to understand, yet technical enough to trust.
Who should attend – You will find this course relevant if you are:
– a community consultant, stakeholder manager, communicator or journalist concerned with water issues;
– a teacher, lecturer or tour group leader;
– a water education officer in local or state government;
– involved with land, coast or catchment care; or
– a water professional with a need to explain the urban water cycle to the lay community.