Join Inspiring Australia and Brisbane Open House for an exciting Transparent Labs Program on October the 12-13th. Here’s a peek at some of the Science Buildings available for tours. Some are also offering a Cafe Scientifique.
Suggested Itinerary Transparent Labs – Explore the wonderful world of science at these state-of-the-art centres.
• Ecosciences Precinct
• QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute
• Queensland Museum and Sciencentre
• QUT Science and Engineering Centre
• Translational Research Institute (Also limited number of laboratory bookings available)
• UQ – Advanced Engineering Building
• UQ – Global Change Institute
BOOK a behind-the-scenes tour or consultation
The following buildings will take phone or online bookings directly. These tour bookings will be available on a first come, first served basis.
The Australian Institute of Architects, Brisbane City Hall, the Queensland Museum and Sciencentre, and the UQ – The James and Mary Emelia Mayne Centre – Art Museum are also offering self-guided tour options which DO NOT REQUIRE BOOKINGS.
Click on the building below for the booking phone number or website details on how to book.
• Australian Institute of Architects (Archicentre Consultations – 20 minute one-on-one consultation with an architect)
• Brisbane City Hall
• Queensland Museum and Sciencentre (Back of house tours in two areas: the Natural Environments collection store and the Cultural Environments collection stores)