Clinical Considerations for Vehicle Modifications
With the continuation of the Department of Communities Vehicle Options Subsidy Scheme (VOSS) and the ongoing needs of clients requiring vehicle modification, this workshop provides an avenue to access the most up-to-date information about vehicle modification. The workshop will focus on the clinical considerations of vehicle modifications, as well as providing the latest product information from vehicle modification suppliers.
The proposed content for this one day event includes;
- Modified seating and restraints,
- Person transfer aids,
- Equipment transfer aids,
- Considerations and options for wheelchair access to vehicles and best practice guidelines,
- Assessing fitness to drive,
- The role of driver trained OTs and how to become one,
- Modifications for driving,
- Relevant Australian Standards for Vehicle Modifications,
- Funding options.
When: Wednesday, 9 October 2013 from 9.00am to 4.30pm (registration at 8.30am) at Level 1 Reading Centre, Cnr of Newmarket & Enoggera Rds, Newmarket. The cost is $265 per person and morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided. To register for this workshop, please complete the registration form and return via fax 07 3552 9088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.