Some of Australia’s and New Zealand’s most experienced science communicators will speak at a special breakfast event at the Australian Science Communicators National Conference in February.
The co-hosted event between the Science Communicators Association of New Zealand and the Australian Science Communicators will offer insights to the development of science communication in New Zealand and Australia. It will link research, good practice and the reality of practice by including presenters with backgrounds in academia, journalism and science communication.
Speakers will provide insights on the development of science communication as both art form and academic discipline, including a timeline to the emergence of modern science communication in both countries, with supporting infrastructure, funding, events, organisations and festivals. It will also be an opportunity to celebrate and reflect on where we’ve come from and where we are at.
Tickets are still available for conference delegates and the general public. Don’t miss out!
- Ian Lowe (Aus) Emeritus Professor of Science, Technology and Society at Griffith University
- Toss Gascoigne (Aus), Director at Toss Gascoigne & Associates
- Jean Fleming (NZ), Professor of Science Communication and Associate Dean of Outreach at the University of Otago
- Chaired by Jenni Metcalfe (Aus), Director of Econnect, Communication
- Produced by Christine Ross (NZ)
When: 7:00am on Tuesday 4th February
Cost: $50 for general public, $25 for delegates.
How: The SCANZ-ASC breakfast is available on the online registration form as an additional function – book tickets now
Venue: Rydges Southbank, 9 Glenelg Street, South Brisbane. More on parking and directions.